BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In reapplication of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082 062; Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19; Conference with Real Property Negotiation pursuant to Government Code 54956.8 Property: Airport (APN 101-010-017 000) Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina Negotiating parties: County (Jay Sarina) and BCRAA (Randy Hooper) Under Negotiation: terms of lease extension including price and payment.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the LTCO meeting, attended the LAFCO meeting, participated in a Teleconference regarding the 2020 Fire Season and attended a meeting with several residents of Wonderstump Road.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the CSAC Agricultural Natural Resource Committee meeting, attended the First 5 meeting, attended a meeting with Trevor Kinkade from the United Nations regarding Refugees, participated in a conference call with Rikuzentakata, Japan and November travel plans, attended the CSAC Board meeting, attended a meeting with the CAO, Senator McGuire and CSAC regarding prison budget cuts, attended a CSAC Lobbying meeting with Senator McGuire, attended a Natural Resources Goal Committee meeting, attended the LTCO meeting, participated in reading a story for Summer Story Hour, attended the Del Norte Scholarship Banquet and attended the Del Norte Unified School District Board meeting regarding School Bonds in November.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended the North Deal meeting, participated in a Webinar on direct funding of cities and counties, attended the California North West Resource and Conservation Development Council meeting, attended the BCRAA meeting, participated in the Public Forum, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire’s Chief of Staff regarding COVID-19, attended a meeting regarding Pacific Shores improvements with the CA. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, Coastal Commission members and CDD staff, participated in Agenda review and also attending the LTCO meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the RCTA meeting and Annual Workshop, attended the LAFCO meeting and dealt with numerous concerns regarding COVID 19 from constituents and local business owners.
4. Approve and authorize the County to act as an applicant on a Wildlife Conservation Board Public Access Grant for improvements at Point St. George, and to allow the State Coastal Conservancy to submit the application on the County's behalf as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing an application for and receipt of Local Early Action Planning Grants Program (LEAP) Funds from the State of California Housing and Community Development Department (HCD) as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve and adopt a Resolution declaring two dump trucks and a lowboy trailer to be surplus and authorizing the sale of such surplus property as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment with the National Council on Crime and Delinquency for Child Welfare Services' access to SafeMeasures reporting commencing March 01, 2020 through February 29, 2020, for a total of $14,490.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 1) Approve and authorize the Department of Health and Human Services, Public Assistance/Employment and Training Branch to publish a notice of invitation to bid, and secure meal services for the individuals served through COVID-19 emergency shelter; and 2) approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign an Agreement with the contractor(s) selected as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with the California Department of Public Health permitting County access to the Contact Tracing Data management system knows as California Connect (CalCONNECT) as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and adopt the CAL OES Form 130 Designation of Applicant's Agent Resolution for Non-State Agencies and direct staff to forward the California Department of Emergency Services (Cal OES) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the 2019/2021 Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement (JEPA) to house delinquent youth from Curry County in the Del Norte County Juvenile Hall as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
14. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Accept the Summary of Wonder Stump Road Community and Stakeholder Engagement as complete and direct staff to maintain the status quo as requested by the Assistant Engineer and the Roads Superintendent.**
19. 1) Approve the Classification Description for the Administrative Services Manager; 2) direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as appropriate to eliminate the position of Fiscal Manager; and 3) establish one Administrative Services Manager position within the Administrative Office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: June 5, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us