BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended a private PICK Group meeting and requested that the Board place a Resolution on the July 14, 2020 Agenda expressing the Board’s support of local law enforcement and emergency personnel.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the local Behavioral Health meeting, participated in an Assessment conference call on Last Chance Grade updates, attended the Visitor’s Bureau meeting, attended the DNSWMA meeting and also participated in the City/County/Schools 2x2x2.
Supervisor Howard: Participated in the CSAC Rural Caucus conference call, attended a meeting with the UC Cooperative Extension, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended the NCRP meeting, attended the City/County/Schools 2x2x2 and also participated in the local Summer Story Hour.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call, participated in a Last Chance Grade update meeting, participated in the local Summer Story Hour, attended a meeting with the Department of Fish and Wildlife and other stakeholders on risk assessment management of Dungeness crab, attended the RCRC meeting and also attended the NCRP meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Rotary Club meeting and dealt with numerous constituent concerns on COVID-19.
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Area 1 Agency on Aging to provide an area service plan relating to services and support for elderly Americans in Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign an Agreement with the California Department of Public Health, for the Public Health Branch to receive Infectious Disease Prevention and Control Local - Infrastructure grant funding in the amount of $128,089.74, upon execution through June 30, 2023 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. 1) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Resolution adopting a list of projects funded by Senate Bill 1: The Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017; and 2) direct staff to submit the adopted Resolution to the California Transportation Commission by July 15, 2020 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the proposed Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement #2019-057 with Western Emulsions for asphalt oil as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve and authorize the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for the 2020 Noxious Weed Grant Program from May 01, 2020 through December 31, 2021 as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
9. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the City of Crescent City and the County of Del Norte for the purpose of using Community Development Block Grant Funds for a business Assistance Loan Program in Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding (“MOU”) between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte County Sheriff’s Employees Association (SEA) effective November 1, 2019, to coincide with the expiration of the previous agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve the Clinical Services Manager position for the Behavioral Health Branch (BHB) to start at Range 65 Step C, effective date of hire, June 26, 2020 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-02 in the amount of $12,406.00 within the Building Maintenance Budget Unit to reimburse the department for costs incurred as a result of storm damage as requested by the Director of Maintenance, Parks and Beaches.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-04 in the amount of $44,328.00 within the Miscellaneous Revenue and Expenditure Budget Unit to accurately show the required realignment match contribution through the budget level process as requested by the Auditor-Controller.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-05 in the amount of $875,000.00 within the Public Safety Realignment Budget Unit to reflect fund received for Fiscal Year 2019/20 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-06 in the amount of $13,001.00 within the Veteran Services Budget Unit to cover the deficit in the Employee Benefits as requested by the Veteran Services Office.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-08 in the amount of $67,700.00 within the District Attorney Budget Unit for the local match for the VAWA Grant for the 2019/20 Fiscal Year as requested by the District Attorney.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
20. 1) Discuss and take action as necessary to approve the 2020/2021 Fiscal Year Recommended budgets as presented by departments; 2) approve the position list request for wireless device stipends as provided in the adopted Wireless Device Policy (Attachment B); 3) direct the Budget Team to continue to research and analyze all available cost saving options; 4) direct departments that no fixed asset purchases shall be allowed prior to the adoption of the Final Budget without Board of Supervisor approval; 5) direct departments that no budget transfers will be allowed that transfer funds from Salaries and Benefits to any other expense line unless determined to be an emergency by the County Administrator and Auditor/Controller; and 6) accept the Recommended Children's Budget as presented, and direct staff as necessary (Attachment C) as requested by the County Administrative Officer and Auditor Controller.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for AB 3074, which will protect Californians and North Coast residents who live in high fire hazard areas by modernizing defensible space protections through the creation of a third defensible space zone called an ember-resistant zone as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: June 19, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us