BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) - none; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Spoke with a representative from Sacramento regarding the COVID-19 outbreak at San Quentin Penitentiary, attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, attended the RCTA meeting, attended the LTCO meeting and also participated in the local 4th of July festivities.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, attended numerous 2x2x2’s with the City, School District and Fire District, attended a meeting with County Counsel, attended the Visitor’s Bureau meeting, dealt with numerous constituent concerns on COVID-19 and also spoke with an Assemblyman Wood representative regarding Del Norte County.
Supervisor Howard: Attended numerous 2x2x2’s with the City, School District and Fire District, attended the LTCO meeting, attended a meeting with County Counsel, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended a meeting with Kevin O’ Donnell regarding the Sister City initiatives, attended a meeting with David Picker from NBC News regarding the Sister City story for the Olympics and attended a meeting with a SR Collaborative representative and other stakeholders regarding Saxton Boat Launch.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call, attended a local Golf Tournament, participated in the local July 4th Festivities, participated in a Dungeness Crab conference call, participated in agenda review, attended the LTCO meeting, attended a meeting with County staff regarding agenda items, attended a meeting County Counsel and also attended the Forest Management Task Force meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended a presentation from A1AA regarding Seniors participating in what A1AA has to offer, attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, attended a meeting with the Yurok Tribe Chair and Councilman Ray regarding items of mutual interest and dealt with numerous constituents and business owners regarding COVID-19 and its effects.
3. Approve and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Cooperative Agreement between Del Norte County and the California Department of Food and Agriculture, Division of Measurement Standards for the Petroleum Contract from July 01, 2020 through June 30, 2021 as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
4. 1) Approve the elimination of one and a half (1.5) Victim Witness Aide I/II positions; 2) establish one (1) additional Victim Witness Advocate I/II position for the District Attorney's office; and 3) direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as requested by the Human Resources/Risk Manager.**
5. Approve and authorize the Acting Director of Child Support Services to enter into an annual agreement between Del Norte Child Support Services and Christine Doehle, Attorney, for attorney services totaling no more than $73,000 for fiscal year 2020/2021, as requested by the Acting Director of Child Support Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair and Director of Health and Human Services to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Northern Rural Training and Employment Consortium (NoRTEC) effective July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2022, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment with Gary C. Ernst Consulting for consultation on administrative and fiscal activities effective July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2020. This amendment increases the budget for FY 2019-20 only from $15,000 to $18,000, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Memorandum of Understanding with Sacramento County Human Assistance to provide Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants (CAPI) for the period of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2025, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the third Amendment to the Agreement with Restpadd, Inc., Red Bluff, CA to provide non-hospital acute psychiatric health care services from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020. This Amendment increases the total budget from $420,000 to $620,000 as this facility has been utilized more than anticipated, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve the Classification descriptions for 1) Behavioral Health Program Coordinator and 2) Human Services Housing Services Manager I/II positions on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
13. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
17. Discuss and give possible direction to staff regarding the contents of the sales and use tax ordinance to be placed on the November ballot, including the citizen oversight provision, as requested by County Counsel.
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-11 in the amount of $35,000.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to the Public Defender Budget, as requested by Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
19. Approve and authorize the purchase of a Verisight Pro Plus Pipeline Video Inspection System for an amount not to exceed $12,685.00 for the County Service Area No. 1 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Approve and authorize the purchase of one Caterpillar M320F Excavator at a price not to exceed $345,000.00 being purchased by SB 1 funding as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department**
21. Establish, eliminate, reclassify and/or adjust positions as outlined in the attached spreadsheet labeled Attachment A - FY 20-21 Proposed Staffing Changes, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 10, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us