BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), David L. Elsebusch v. Del
Norte, DN Superior Court, Case No.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Assistant County Administrative Officer, Jay Sarina.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:10 A.M. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:30 A.M. Conduct a Public Hearing to discuss submission of the 2009 State Community Development Block Grant Planning and Technical Assistance applications for Economic Development Allocation and approve and adopt a Resolution entitled "A Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Approving an Application for Funding from the 2009 Planning and Technical Assistance Allocation of the State Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program and Authorizing the Execution of a Grant Agreement and any Amendments Thereto with the State of California for the Purposes of this Grant.**
4. 10:45 A.M. Determine the fair market value for a portion of Kern Street, located between Lauff Avenue right-of-way and Macken Avenue right-of-way, adjacent to Assessor Parcels 120-104-01, and 05, 120-120-103,02, and 01 that was requested to be vacated by George Petty as requested by the County Engineer.**
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
10. Approve a RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF DEL NORTE STATE OF CALIFORNIA HONORING ROBERT "DAN" MINGES RETIRING BUILDING INSPECTOR OF DEL NORTE COUNTY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve a RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE COUNTY OF DEL NORTE STATE OF CALIFORNIA HONORING VICKI FRAZIER, RETIRING COUNTY CLERK RECORDER as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and adopt the attached Resolution which revises Resolution No. 2009-088, which was adopted by the Board of Supervisors at their meeting of June 23, 2009 with regards to the County Service Area (CSA) Improvement Application as requested by the Director of Community Development.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Agreement with Remi Vista, Inc. for the County to provide office space located at 206 Williams Drive, Crescent City, CA for the period July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and adopt Resolution entitled "SUBMITTAL OF AN APPLICATION TO THE CALIFORNIA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FOR FUNDING UNDER THE HOME INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM; AND IF SELECTED, THE EXECUTION OF A STANDARD AGREEMENT, ANY AMENDMENTS THERETO, AND ANY RELATED DOCUMENTS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE HOME INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIPS PROGRAM" as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the renewal of the Residential Lease Agreement with Lehman Property Management for a home located in Crescent City, CA for the period July 1, 2009 to June 30, 2010, for an amount not to exceed $14,400 per year following negotiations to shorten the Notice of Termination as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Sierra Vista Hospital, Inc. in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services for the period July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the first Amendment to the Agreement with American Red Cross Del Norte County Chapter (ARCDN) for emergency preparedness equipment, supplies and training for the period of August 9, 2008 to August 8, 2009, not to exceed $25,460.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to the Agreement with Crescent Fire Protection District for the provision of large scale disaster emergency response equipment for the period of September 1, 2007 through August 8, 2009, not to exceed $49,462.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
22. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Maria Vanderhorst to provide Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention Program (AODP) evaluation from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010, not to exceed $19,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
23. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Heritage Oaks Hospital in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
24. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Northcoast Health Screening for non-dependency drug and alcohol testing services from July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
25. 25.Eliminate (1) one FTE Medical Records Clerk and (2) two Account Clerk positions within the Department of Health and Human Services, Mental Health branch, effective 07/29/09. The positions are currently filled. Also, eliminate (1) one FTE Deputy District Attorney position within the District Attorney's office, effective 07/14/09. This position is currently vacant.
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
27. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us