BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and
discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to
Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative
Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees'
Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing
litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a), David L. Elsebusch v. Del
Norte, DN Superior Court, Case No.
Coyle v. James Marmon, et al., DN Superior Court Case No.
CVPM07-1572; Jones & Jones v.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor McClure.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
4. Approve the reappointment of Connie Carter as a Board of Supervisors appointed Public Agency member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development for a term of 2 years and (2) approve the reappointment of Christin McCollum as a Board of Supervisors appointed Child Care Provider member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Planning for a term of 2 years and (3) approve the reappointment of Christy Page as a Board of Supervisors appointed Alternate member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development for a term of 2 years.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with North Valley Behavioral Health, LLC, Yuba City, CA and North Valley-Solano Psychiatric Health, Fairfield, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric placement from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, not to exceed $200,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Milhous Children's Services, Inc., Nevada City, CA for Children's Residential Treatment Services from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Jackson & Coker LocumTenens, LLC for adult or child/adolescent psychiatric services for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the agreement attached for construction services with Bayside Excavation and Construction in the amount of $74,649.98 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached Resolution authorizing the Del Norte County Community Development Department to apply for the Local Enforcement Agency Grant and delegate the Director of Community Development Department or his designee to sign the necessary applications, contracts, agreements, amendments, and payment request forms, as of July 1, 2010 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chairman to sign an agreement with Crestwood Behavior Health, Inc. (CBH), Sacramento, CA to provide long-term psychiatric placement for severely mentally disordered adults for the period of July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve a Resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner to sign Agreement # 10-0125, with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, in the amount of $665.00 and the Certification Form CCC-307 as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign the Second Amendment to Agreement for Bar-O Boys Ranch Placement with Siskiyou County as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
15. Approve the Agreement with Valley Slurry Seal to apply Type 2 Microsurfacing on Azalea Drive and Redwood Drive in Klamath and authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign it as requested by the Deputy Director of Building and Roads.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
19. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us