BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I)
Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County
negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County
Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and
unrepresented bargaining units. II) Conference
with legal counsel – A) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code
54956.9(a), Parnell v.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag led by Supervisor Finigan.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors.
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
2. 10:20 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
7. Approve a contract with Stover Engineering to provide construction management services for the Townsite Boat Launch Repair Project in the amount of One Hundred Forty-Six Thousand Dollars ($145,000) and authorize the Chair to sign the attached contract as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Del Norte Ambulance, Inc. for emergency preparedness training for the period of December 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011, not to exceed $31,950.00 as requested by the Director/Public Guardian of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Sutter Coast Hospital for emergency preparedness equipment, supplies, and training for the period of December 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011, not to exceed $68,460.58 as requested by the Director/Public Guardian of Health and Human Services.**
10. Establish and fill the position of Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Mental Health Branch one (1) Deputy LPS Conservator (Salary Range 45) effective immediately; and approve the Resolution appointing the DHHS Director/Public Guardian as the LPS Conservator effective July 1, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Second Amendment to the Kings View Telepsychiatric Agreement for the period of July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with the Del Norte Child Care Council for parent education services from July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011 not to exceed $92,666.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Women's Recovery Services, A Unique Place, Santa Rosa, CA to provide alcohol and other drug abuse residential treatment for the period of October 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, not to exceed $28,000.00 as requested by the Director/Public Guardian of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Del Norte Family Resource Center to lease office space at the Family Resource Center from July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011, not to exceed $1,218.75 per month as requested by the Director/Public Guardian of Health and Human Services.**
18. Appoint Gretchen Stuhr, Deputy County Counsel as Interim County Counsel at Range A of the Appointed Department Head Schedule beginning 1/25/11 and ending upon the effective date of appointment of a permanent County Counsel as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve a Resolution to adopt the 2010 Del Norte County and Crescent City Bicycle Facilities Plan Update, and authorize the Chairman of the Board to sign it as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
20. Approve the submittal of the following four (4) applications for funding through the Secure Rural Schools program: (A) Brushing on Low Divide Road, (B) Low Divide Road Rocking Project, (C) Oregon Mountain Road-Griffin Creek Culvert, (D) Bridge Approach Paving.
22. Adopt and forward to the listed offices the attached Resolution which determines the distribution of the County's share of the 2011 Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act payment to the State as requested by the Director of Community Development.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
25. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
DEL NORTE PUBLIC IMPROVEMENT CORPORATION
27. Acting as the Public Improvement Corporation Board of Directors, Approve and adopt a Resolution Electing Officers for 2010 and Direct the Clerk of the Board to file the Statement by Domestic Nonprofit Corporation with the Secretary of State as requested by the Clerk of the Board.**
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us