BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H Street, Suite 100
Crescent City, CA 95531
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County negotiator the County Administrative Officer and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, IHHS/CUHW, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. Discuss request by District of Attorney for Payment of Attorney’s Fees. II) Conference with legal counsel – A) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a); Trinity Perry, Del Norte Superior Court, CVPT 11-1304 ; Karen Olson v. Del Norte County, Del Norte Superior Court, CVUJ 09-1325B (B) Anticipated litigation: 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - two cases; Discussion of Public Land Transfers; Real Property Negotiations Summer Park Apartments II 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) - 1 case. Public Employee DISCIPLINE/DISMISSAL/RELEASE (1) Deputy District Attorney( GC 54954.5 and 54957). Pursuant to Gov’t Code 54997, conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Community Development.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance led by Supervisor McNamer
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
· Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
· Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
3. Approved the First Amended Joint Powers agreement between the City of Crescent City and the County of Del Norte creating the Del Norte Solid Waste Authority as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to send a letter in opposition of SB 1221, an act to amend Section 3960 of, and to repeal Section 4756 of the Fish and Game Code relating to the use of dogs to pursue bears and bobcats,**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter to the California Secretary of Agriculture regarding funding for full time operation of the Smith River Inspection Station as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Lease Agreement with Del Norte Family Resource Center from July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013, not to exceed $14,625.00 annually as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Linda Cairns Wraparound Services Lead Parent Partner for the period of July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, not to exceed $22,750.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Sydney M. Clinton, Northcoast Health Screening for non-dependency alcohol and drug testing services from July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve a Budget Transfer (06-08) in the amount of $9,245.00 within the Sheriff's Budget Unit for the annual license agreement with GeoComm for GIS mapping software as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
12. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Rural Human Services, Inc. (RHS) for office space at the Del Norte Workforce Center (DNWC) from August 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013, not to exceed $64,350.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
15. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Jeremi Ruiz, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us