BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
981 H STREET, ROOM 100
CRESCENT CITY, CA 95531
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Board of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a) Resighini Rancheria, et al vs. Dean Wilson, US District Court, Northern District of California Case No. C-11-6710 EMC; Durigan vs. Del Norte County, Case No. CVUJ 12-1172; Susan White vs. Del Norte County, Case No. CVCV 13-2247; (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - one case; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) – two cases; II) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriffs Employees' Association, represented and unrepresented bargaining units. Conference with legal counsel – Del Norte Ambulance Agreement; Smith River Rancheria; Pursuant to Gov’t Code 54997, conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Information Technology; conduct annual evaluation of Director of Child Support Services; and conduct an employee grievance pursuant to Government Code § 54957.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to be led by Supervisor Gitlin.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
· Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
· Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
2. Approve and Adopt Resolution authorizing the Sheriff to sign necessary documents and amendments being submitted to the Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC) allowing the submission of our Request for Approval of our Anti-Drug Abuse (ADA) 2013-14 funding, as requested by Sheriff-Coroner.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with James P. McCubbrey, Ph.D for Tobacco Use Prevention Program (TUPP) evaluation services for the period July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, not to exceed $11,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement for Stage One Childcare Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014, not to exceed $443,632, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and Adopt Resolution Approving the Amendment to the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) Joint Powers Agreement (JPA), as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign an Amendment to Agreement for Professional Services between the County of Del Norte and Northwest California Resource Conservation and Development Council (NCRCD) to extend the term of the agreement, as requested by Deputy Director Community Development Department.**
10. 10:30 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. 10:50 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization, and conduct a Public Hearing for a Change of Assessment, APN 118-100-25, Roll Years 12/13 and 13/14 - Hunter.**
14. Direct staff to enter into a Deferred Improvement Agreement for the Road Improvements (Conditions 12 and 13) required as a condition of Minor Subdivision MS1401, as requested by Community Development Department.**
15. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding with the Del Norte County Employees Association/SEIU Local 1021 effective September 1, 2013, to coincide with the expiration of the previous agreement, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
16. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding with the California United Homecare Workers Union, Local 4034 (CUHW, Local 4034) effective November 26, 2013, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
17. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Antoinette Self, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us