BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Moment of Reflection.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(a) James Jenkins v. Katherine Micks, et al. CVUJ14-1187; Michael Riese v County of Del Norte et al United States District County Northern District of California, Case No. 12-3723; II) Anticipated litigation 1) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9 – two cases (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees’ Association, Sheriff’s Employees’ Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Discussion regarding hiring for position of Director of Health and Human Services.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to be led by Deputy County Counsel Elizabeth Cable.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
other brief reports or announcements relative to the
· Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
5. Approve and adopt Resolution, authorizing the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign an Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to increased invasive weed management in the amount of $20,000, as requested by Agricultural Commissioner.**
6. Approve and adopt Resolution, authorizing the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign an agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to Organic Inspections and enforcement in the amount of $1,880, as requested by Agricultural Commissioner.**
13. Approve and adopt Resolution implementing Internal Revenue Code 414(h)(2) to the California Public Employees' Retirement System (Employer Pick-Up) for all employees, which will defer federal and state income taxes on employee paid member contributions effective August 1, 2014, as requested by Auditor/Controller.**
14. Approve and adopt resolution proclaiming that a state of local emergency exists throughout Del Norte County as a result of the decline in forest conditions and an abundance of woody-biomass exists throughout Del Norte County and that extreme conditions exist and requires a sustainable program to help to reduce wild land fire severity conditions on public and private lands, as requested by Supervisor Hemmingsen.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Second Amendment to Agreement 2013-086 with Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. (CBH), Sacramento, CA to provide psychiatric placement services for adults for the period July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014, as requested by Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Mental Health Clinical Services Manager position for the Department of Health and Human Services, Mental Health Branch start at Step C, effective date of hire, as requested by Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and authorize Budget Transfer 07-07 in the amount of $80,631 within the Community Development Department, Road Division Budget, as requested by Director of Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and authorize Budget Transfers 07-08, 07-09, 07-10 and 07-11 which reconcile the Intrafund Community Development Department Allocation within the Code Enforcement (416), Environmental Health (410), Planning (258) and Building Inspection (261) divisions, as requested by Director of Community Development Department.**
24. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
27. Request to direct Engineering Division staff to take the following actions: (1) Prepare an Engineering Study of the Cooper Avenue and J Street Intersection; and (2) Return at a future meeting of the Board with a recommendation and alternatives, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
28. Consider and take possible action at the request of the County Planning Commission to require mandatory Land Surveys as a Condition of a Building Permit Application, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
29. Review the Smith River Rancheria letter and attachment including the minutes from the July 2, 2014 Planning Commission meeting and direct staff as the Board of Supervisors deems necessary, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
30. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Antoinette Self, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us