BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Moment of Reflection.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; Steelhead Construction vs. County of Del Norte CVUJ 12-1275; Lani Crockett v. Del Norte County, et al, Del Norte Superior Court, CVUJ 14-1095; Nicholas McNamera v. Remi Vista, et al, Del Norte Superior Court, CVUJ 14-1223; Biological Diversity v. Skalski, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Case No. 14-16948 II) Anticipated litigation 1) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9 – four cases (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees’ Association, Sheriff’s Employees’ Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units. Conduct annual evaluation of Building Maintenance and Parks Superintendent.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to be led by Barbara Pierson, Director of Health and Human Services.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
other brief reports or announcements relative to the
· Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
3. Direct Board of Supervisors to affirm that from this point forward, the number of members of appointees to the Del Norte Solid Waste Taskforce will be nine; Ratify the attached updated By-Laws as approved by the Del Norte Solid Waste Taskforce on October 13, 2014; Extend the application deadline for additional appointees to the Del Norte Solid Waste Taskforce through December 19, 2014 as requested by the Program Manager of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
4. Accept Easement Deed and authorize the County Administrative Officer to certify acceptance and direct staff to file the Easement Deed with the Del Norte County Recorder's Office for recordation as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
6. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and California Auto Image providing cosmetic repairs for their vehicles as well as county, criminal and evidence towing services; this Agreement will also prevent from exceeding their current Purchase Order as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. Approve and authorize the appointment of Barbara Pierson, Director of Health and Human Services, as the representative to the Partnership Health Plan of California Commission effective immediately as requested by the Health and Human Services Director.**
9. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with Sydney M. Clinton, Northcoast Health Screening for Alcohol and Drug Testing services from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize Chair to sign lease Agreement with Crescent City Properties, LLC. for office space located at 475 K Street, Crescent City, CA, for the period November 1, 2014 to October 31, 2019, not to exceed $110,217.60 as requested by the Health and Human Services Director.**
11. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Heritage Oaks Hospital in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, not to exceed $90,000.00 as requested by the Health and Human Services Director.**
12. Approve and adopt Resolution authorizing the Sheriff to sign necessary documents and amendments being submitted to the Board of State and Community Corrections (BSCC), allowing the submission of our Request for Approval of our Anti-Drug Abuse (ADA) funding for three calendar years 2015, 2016 and 2017 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
14. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. 10:30 A.M. Conduct a Public Hearing to discuss and take possible action and adopt Resolutions 2014-058A-058MM regarding the Street Vacation Application-Pacific Shores Subdivision as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
17. Review and take possible action on the Local Planning Council's Annual Self Evaluation that was submitted to the state as requested by the Coordinator for the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development.**
18. Direct staff to submit an application for a Caltrans Aeronautics Acquisition and Development Grant for Development of an Airport Land Use Compatibility Plan as requested by the Community Development Department Planner.**
19. Provide direction to staff to work with County Counsel to amend Sign Ordinance as it pertains to timing in which political signs may be placed prior to a scheduled election as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
20. Direct staff to schedule a Public Hearing to consider the temporary closure of a portion of Union Street as per Section 21101.4 of the California Vehicle Code as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
21. Approve and authorize Chair to sign letter of support to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in relation to the proposed Comcast acquisition of Time Warner Cable, as requested by Chair Finigan.**
22. Approve and authorize Chair to sign letter of support for a grant to Western Rivers Conservancy (WRC) for a purchase of land on the Klamath River, in the vicinity of Blue Creek, a portion of which lies within Del Norte County as requested by the Executive Officer of the California State Coastal Conservancy.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
23. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us