BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Tuesday, December 09, 2014
Board of Supervisors of the
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
CLOSED SESSION 8:30 A.M.
Moment of Reflection.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; Steelhead Construction vs. County of Del Norte CVUJ 12-1275;II) Anticipated litigation
1) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9 – two cases (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees’ Association, Sheriff’s Employees’ Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units. Conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Information Technology; and conduct annual evaluation of Building Maintenance and Parks Superintendent.
REGULAR SESSION 10:00 A.M.
10:00 A.M. Call the meeting to order and take roll.
· The Pledge of Allegiance to be led by Barbara Pierson, Director of Health and Human Services.
· Introduction of new employees to the Board of Supervisors
Report of any actions from closed session by
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the
· Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
Comments from members of the public may be heard at this time regarding matters on the Consent Agenda only.
4. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Resolution honoring Michael Sullivan Supervisor District 3 for his services as he concludes his term of office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Amendment 1 to the Professional Services Agreement (DNCO AGREE#2013-109) for the Hunter Creek Bridge replacement project on Requa Road as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
10. Approve and authorize Chair to sign lease Agreement with Crescent City Properties, LLC. for office space located at 475 K Street, Crescent City, CA, for the period November 1, 2014 to October 31, 2019, not to exceed $110,217.60 as requested by the Health and Human Services Director.**
11. Approve and authorize Child Support Services to enter into an Agreement with Criminal Justice Research Foundation (CJRF)/Vanir to conduct a study to determine the feasibility of constructing a new facility to House Department Operations as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
12. Consider and approve the nomination Peter Benjamin McLaughlin, Attorney at Law, as submitted by the remaining Public Defenders as a replacement of Darren McElfresh; (1) Accept or reject the proposed replacement attorney by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors; and if accepted (2) Approve the Second Amendment to Agreement 2014-091 replacing Darren McElfresh with Peter Benjamin McLaughlin as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement Number 14-90054 with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017, and authorize the Director, Department of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents as they relate to this Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement (#2014-180) with Skyway House for Adult residential treatment of alcohol and other drug abuse from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 not to exceed $22,352.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 1 ,2014 through June 30, 2015, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an Agreement with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to house an inmate in the Del Norte County Jail as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
17. Approve and authorize the expenditure of travel and training funds for the Sheriff-Elect to attend New Sheriff's training provided by the California State Sheriff's Association as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
18. Approve and authorize the appointment of Barbara Pierson, Director of Health and Human Services, to the Commission as a county-designated representative and re-designate Warren Rehwaldt as a public member of the First 5 Commission as requested by the First 5 Executive Director.
19. Approve and authorize Budget Transfer 12-01 in the amount of $4,000.00 from the Livestock budget salary savings to maintenance of structures/equipment and to transfer $7,500.00 from Agriculture salary savings to maintenance structures/equipment as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
20. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
21. 10:30 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization, and conduct a Public Hearing for a Change of Assessment, APN 120-083-01 Roll Years 2013/2014 (Frank & Vickie Matranga).
22. 10:45 A.M. Continue a Public Hearing to adopt the attached Resolutions of Vacation for each street segment within the Pacific Shores Subdivision; and Prior to recording the first Resolution of Vacation, direct the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (BCRAA) to provide the Engineering Division with a map showing the street segments approved by the Board of Supervisors for vacation and; on or before June 30, 2015 direct the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (BCRAA) to provide the Engineering Division with a map showing the street segments that have been vacated as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
24. 11:15 A.M. Presentation regarding the Comcast-TWC Corporate Consolidation; approve and authorize Chair to sign letter of support to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in relation to the proposed Comcast acquisition of Time Warner Cable, as requested by Chair Finigan.** (D.McCorkle;S.McLaughlin)
26. Direct staff to prepare two Federal Lands Access Program (FLAP) grant applications for the following projects: (1) Requa Road/P.J. Murphy Memorial Drive, (2) Klamath Beach Road as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
LEGISLATIVE AND BUDGET ISSUES:
27. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us