BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; Riese v. Del Norte County et al., Del Norte Superior Court case no. CV 12-3723 WHO; Yurok Arbitration; II) Anticipated litigation (two cases) 1) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt' Code 54956.9(d) - one case (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations. Discuss and take possible action on a settlement proposal for 1 Workman's Compensation Claim. Conduct Final Evaluation of the Chief Probation Officer.
ˇ The Pledge of Allegiance to be led by Steve Perez, Del Norte County Resident.
ˇ Report of any actions from closed session by County Counsel.
ˇ The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
ˇ Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. The Board may ask questions for clarification; make a referral to staff to take action to have a matter or business placed on a future agenda pursuant to Government Code 54954.2(a).
ˇ Receive a brief report from the County Administrative Officer.
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Second Amendment to the current Agreement No. 2011-176 with William Cater, Attorney at Law, for County Hearing Officer Services as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Second Amendments to Agreements with James Fallman, Attorney at Law (Agreement 2013-039), and George Mavris, Attorney at Law (Agreement 2013-038), for Public Defender services for Pelican Bay State Prison inmates as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Submittal of the Local Agency DBE Annual Submittal Form to Caltrans and authorize the Chair to sign it as requested by the Assistant Engineer of the Community Development Department.**
8. Authorize and ratify the appointment of Dr. Angela Glore as the Public Commissioner serving on the Board of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Acting Director/Program Manager of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
10. Approve, authorize and adopt Resolution allocating funds to partner with United States Congressmen Jared Huffman for an opportunity for Del Norte County to participate and benefit from the regionally significant and high priority Last Chance Grade project as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign on behalf of Del Norte County as the property owner for a Heliport Site Approval Permit as requested by the Point St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society.**
12. Direct staff to submit an ATP Grant Application for the Bess Maxwell School SRTS Project and delegate signature authority for the grant to the Community Development Department Director and County Engineer as requested by the Assistant County Engineer.**
13. Direct staff to submit an ATP Grant Application for the Mary Peacock School SRTS Project and delegate signature Authority for the grant to the Community Development Department Director and the County Engineer as requested by the Assistant County Engineer.**
16. Approve and 1) Authorize the temporary closure of Washington Blvd., from Inyo Street to Del Mar Avenue, from 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M., on Thursday May 21, 2015; and 2) Authorize the temporary closure of Washington Blvd., from Leif Circle to Summer Lane, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m., on Thursday, May 21, 2015 as requested by the Assistant County Engineer.**
17. Approve, authorize and adopt Resolution allocating funds to the Local Transportation Commission for facilitating stakeholder group development which will allow Del Norte County to participate and benefit from the regionally significant and high priority Last Chance Grade Project as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-02 in the amount of $5,000.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to Board of Supervisor Travel and Training Budget and a transfer in the amount of $5,000.00 from Misc. Revenue to Board of Supervisor Travel and Training budget as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
21. 10:30 A.M. Adopt the following items: 1) Ordinance for a text amendment to Title 18 of Del Norte County Code to amend the period of time in which the political signs may be placed prior to a scheduled election; and 2) Findings A to C listed in the Planning Commission Staff Report as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
22. 10:45 A.M. Waive full reading and introduce proposed Ordinance to Amend Chapter 10.04.04 of the Del Norte County Ordinance relating to the Speed Limit on Inyo Street from Small Avenue to Washington Boulevard as requested by the County Engineer.**
23. 11:00 A.M. Approve and adopt Proclamation honoring the firefighters, dispatchers, first responders, nurses, doctors, EMTs and Paramedics that serve our community; 2) Acknowledge Ron Sandler's 30 years of service; and 3) Presentation regarding the current status of Emergency Medical Services and Del Norte Ambulance in our community; to Del Norte Ambulance as requested by the Del Norte Ambulance General Manager.
24. Review and take action on the Proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2015-2016 for the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Acting Director/Program Manager of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
26. Direct Community Development Department staff to work with County Counsel to develop a financing plan for Costs Associated with Connecting to the County Service Area No. 1 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
27. Adopt the attached policy outlining the uniform policy statement of all involved counties addressing potential legalization of cannabis in California and approve the attached statement as a policy statement of the county and an addendum to the county's legislative platform; 2) Authorize the Chair to sign a joint letter of transmittal with the Chairs of the Board of Supervisors of Del Norte, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma and Trinity Counties; and 3) Direct the County Administrative Officer to transmit this policy statement to Peterson Consulting and to communicate the county's support to state legislators, the California State Associaton of Counties (CSAC) and the Rural County Representitives of California (RCRC) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
28. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services and Del Norte County Probation Department's integrated California Outcomes and Accountability System (COAS) and Office of Child Abuse Prevention's (OCAP) System Improvement Plan for the period November 30, 2014 to November 30, 2019, to be submitted to the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
29. Discuss and take possible action to direct staff regarding the posting of "E Pluribus Unum" in the Flynn Center and direct staff to discuss and prepare alternatives for the Board to consider as requested by Supervisor Finigan.
30. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 8, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us