BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; None (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - one case; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
4. Authorize a wireless device allowance for the new Deputy County Counsel, Joel Campbell-Blair, hired February 23, 2015 for the time period of 09/01/2015 through end date of 06/30/2016 in the amount of $1,000.00 total using $100.00 per month as his portion of cell phone usage for County business as requested by the Interim County Counsel.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement for Adult Community Residential Care Services with Willow Glen Care Center, Yuba City, CA for the period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, not to exceed $60,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with Willow Glen Care Center, Yuba City, CA to provide Mental Health Rehabilitation Services for the period of July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, not to exceed $250,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the County Auditor-Controller to sign the attached three year agreement with Patel and Associates for auditing services. This agreement will cover the mandated independent audit for fiscal years ending June 2015 through June 2018 as requested by the Auditor-Controller.**
10. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. 10:45 A.M. Open the public hearing to consider the Recommended Budget and all Special District budgets for the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year, and continue the hearing for 14 days; and consider Attachment ‘A’ outlining staffing changes, including the creation of positions, as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. 11:00 A.M. 1) Conduct a Public Hearing regarding a Variance for an Overheight Residence, APN 103-100-36 and 2) Approve and adopt attached Resolution regarding variance application V1501C (Garriott) as requested by the Planning Commission**
14. Authorize and direct staff to process the Title III funding application submitted by the Planning Division requesting $15,000.00 for a partial match of funds for a County Natural Resource Planner as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
15. Review, discuss and approve the Del Norte County Children's Budget in conjunction with the adoption of the Final Del Norte County Budget for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 as requested by the Safe and Healthy Families Goal Committee.**
17. 1) Adopt a Resolution to establish connection charges for County Service Area No. 1 and 2) Adopt a Resolution approving a payment plan for the financing of the connection charges for West Park Properties as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
19. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 31, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us