BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
(a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Two Worker’s Compensation Cases (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) - zero; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – zero; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. 1) Authorize the Sheriff to enter into the Equipment Grant #C15L0602 with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways and the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and 2) Approve and adopt the associated Resolution as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
4. Approve the following policies for the Probation Department: Law Enforcement Role and Authority, Use of Force, Handcuffing and restraints, Control Devices and Techniques, and Conducted Energy Device as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with Richard Pearcey dba: Del Norte Taxi for transportation services for the period of July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Agreement with Crescent City Properties, LLC. for office space located at 400 L Street, Crescent City, CA., totaling $1,964.52 per month as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Approve and authorize Chair to sign an Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) grant application form certifying that the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (BCRAA) is authorized to construct the airport improvement project on airport property, owned by Del Norte County and leased to BCRAA as requested by the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Program Manager.**
16. 1) Approve the addition of two (2) Child Support Specialist I/II positions, One (1) Legal Clerk I/II/III position and One (1) Account Clerk I/II/III position and 2) approve the budget revision needed to pay the salary and benefit costs associated to those positions as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.
17. Direct staff to publish, post and mail the attached Street Vacation Public Hearing Notice for a segment of Porteck Street within the Pacific Shores Subdivision as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
18. Approve and adopt the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority's Ordinance 2015-01, establishing rates to provide commercial oil pumping and recycling services at the Del Norte County Transfer Station as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
19. Approve the agreement between the Yurok Tribal Police (YTP) and the Del Norte County Sheriff regarding a process to ultimately grant reserve status to YTP Officers on an individual basis as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
20. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 23, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us