BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1)-none (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve and adopt a Resolution proclaiming that a state of local emergency exists throughout Del Norte County as a result of the extreme peril to the safety of persons and property arisen within said County, caused by storm related events between December 11th and December 14th of 2015 which resulted in significant infrastructure damage to public properties as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Humboldt County for transferring jurisdiction of child welfare cases where county staff persons have been identified which may result in conflict of interest as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Health and Safety Plan (HASP) Clean and Sober Living to provide clean and sober residential services from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $18,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve the Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of State Hospitals (formerly the Department of Mental Health) for State Hospital Bed Purchase and Usage, and California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) to be the administrative agent for Del Norte County and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and accept donation from Cal-Ore Life Flight in the amount of $1,000.00 and 2) approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-03 in the amount of $1,000.00 within the FY 15/16 Administration Budget as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-04 in the amount of $1,875.00 within the 15/16 FY Homeland Security Budget from "DNSAR Plotter" (fixed asset) to "Minor Equipment" as requested by the County Administrative Officer.
11. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. Discuss and take possible action regarding sending a letter to the Del Norte Local Transportation Commission requesting the Walker Road/Highway 199 intersection to be added to the regional project list identified in the 2016 Regional Transportation Plan Update as a multi-agency project as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Receive update from staff on the status of the Local Hazard Mitigation Plan (LHMP) update efforts and submit a Notice of Interest (NOI) for the Cal OES Hazard Mitigation Plan Grant Program as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department and the Manager of the Office of Emergency Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with the Del Norte Unified School District to provide Foster Youth Education Services from date of approval through June 30, 2018 not to exceed $76,983.00 per fiscal year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 19, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us