BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:(a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) none (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one case; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
4. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an Agreement with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways for the fiscal year 2016/17 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
5. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Elk Valley Rancheria, California to assist and play a significant role in protecting their employees and the community during disasters and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign it as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Sheriff to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and volunteers of the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department during the 22nd LEADN awards as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the first Amendment to the Agreement with Willow Glen Care Center (Agreement #2015-132) in Yuba City, CA for Adult Community Residential Care Services for the period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, not to exceed $246,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. 10:30 A.M. Review identified options for the formation of an Airport Land Use Commission (ALUC). 2) Direct staff to proceed with steps to form the ALUC via "Designated Body" option with the Del Norte County Planning Commission selected as the preferred body to function as the ALUC with two additional members, with aviation expertise, appointing to augment the Planning Commission when serving the ALUC as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
17. Approve and authorize Chair to sign letter commenting on the draft guidelines for the Groundwater Sustainability Plans (GSP's) and GSP Alternatives, released by the California Department of Water Resources as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Review request and direct staff to submit grant application for funding under the 2015/16 California State Parks Grant and Cooperative Agreements Program as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
19. Approve the submission of two project proposals to the Del Norte Resource Advisory Committee for Title II funds allocated from the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act for drainage improvement to Rowdy Creek Road and Holiday Mine Road as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Approve the following policies for the Probation Department: Organizational Structure and Responsibility, Departmental Directive, Emergency Management Plan, Electronic Mail, Administrative Communications, Staffing Levels, Search and Seizure and Death Investigation as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
22. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
24. Approve and authorize Chair to sign letter supporting the Governor's proposal to include $250,000,000.00 in the 2016-2017 State Budget to assist counties in constructing new local correctional facilities as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 4, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us