BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) none (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and represented and unrepresented bargaining units (d) Conference with Real Property Negotiators: Property: APN 11502018 Sitka Spruce/Crescent City Marsh Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO; Negotiating Party: Hambros; Under Negotiation: transfer to County including but not limited price and terms of payment.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Federal Financial Assistance Award of Domestic Grant#16-DG11052021-215 between Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the USDA, Forest Service Region 5 as requested by the Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures Inspector.**
8. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Nursery Inspection Program Agreement between the Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the California Department of Food and Agriculture as requested by the Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures Inspector.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Allocation Agreement from the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) for Medi-Cal Outreach and Enrollment services for the term March 12, 2014 through June 30, 2018, in the amount of $120,413.49 as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and adopt a Resolution approving the Department of Health and Human Services, Mental Health Branch new Short-Doyle/Medi-Cal Services Rate Schedule as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Jackson & Coker LocumTenens, LLC for adult or child/adolescent psychiatric services for the period July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017 as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Swiderski Mortuary, Inc. d.b.a. Wier's Mortuary for Indigent Burial Services from July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $28,000.00 as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between Del Norte County and the City of Crescent City regarding Distribution of Revenue Arising Out of the Annexation of Pelican Bay Prison as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
16. Accept a donation of $5,000.00 from an anonymous donor to be later deposited into the livestock budget (animal control) and 2) approve and authorize a standing authorization to accept donations of $1,000.00 or less as requested by the Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures Inspector.**
18. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
20. Approve and adopt a proposed Ordinance and Resolutions for the Rezone and General Plan Amendment proposed by property owner Green Diamond Resource Company for a portion of APN 105-042-24 as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter of support for HR 5129 (Go Act) that amends the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
22. Discuss and take possible action on the attached options for the Second Amendment to the Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) between the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors, City of Crescent City and the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
24. Approve and adopt the Road Project List as presented herein and direct CDD staff to make a request to the Del Norte Local Transportation Commission for Regional Surface Transportation Funds in an amount not to exceed to $30,000.00 for an asphalt concrete overlay on Fred Haight Drive from First Street to the Pearl Hight Bosch Bridge as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
25. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
26. Approve and authorize Chair to send letter opposing or requesting removal of Del Norte County on SB1396 (an act to add 23.4, commencing with Section 33400 to the Public Resources Code) relating to the Inner Coast Range Conservancy. This bill would establish the Inner Coast Range Conservancy and would prescribe the management powers and duties of the conservancy as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: June 10, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us