BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) none Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Title: Director Community Development.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
4. 10:50 A.M. 1) Receive an update and discuss the potential impacts of the Klamath River fishing closures (Mike Coopman, Klamath Fishing Guide) and 2) take possible action and direct staff as necessary.
9. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing the individuals whose names and titles appear on the attached to act as authorized officials to execute applications and documents for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
10. Approve and adopt a Resolution stating the County will provide the required support for the Federal Lands Access Program Grant Applications and delegates submittal authority to the Community Development Department Director as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Agreement with Matthew S. Fearing, an individual doing business as Front Street Plaza LLC, for Alcohol and Other Drug Programs facility located at 1269 2nd Street, Suite C, Crescent City, CA., effective July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2026, not to exceed $3,078.30 annually as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with 101 North Properties, for confidential records storage space located at 1044 N. Highway 101, Suite C, Crescent City, CA., for the period of July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2026, not to exceed $12,600.00 annually as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Red Sky Roofing, Inc, for the Re-roof of the County Jail Upper Roof in the amount of $45,035.00 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-03 in the amount of $35,244.00 within the Insurance Recovery and Special Department Expense Budget as a result of the reimbursement for personal property of employees of Bar-O Boys' Ranch as a result of the burned manufactured home as requested by the Human Resources/Risk Manager.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-04 in the amount of $20,000.00 within the Juvenile Hall and Maintenance Budget to cover the cost of upgrading outdated radio and camera equipment for the Juvenile Hall as requested by the Probation Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-05 in the amount of $70,541.00 within the Victim Witness Budget to change all Victim Witness projects from the state fiscal year to the federal fiscal year immediately as requested by the Victim Witness Project Coordinator.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-06 in the amount of $1,250.00 within the Office of Emergency Services Grant to pay for a fixed asset approved under the grant as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-07 in the amount of $2,400.00 within the Livestock Budget and the Agriculture Budget to cover unanticipated vehicle and structural maintenance costs as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
25. Approve and authorize to send a joint letter signed by the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors and the Crescent City Council to the Chairman of the California Transportation Commission requesting funding to perform environmental clearance for geotechnical investigation of a potential new alignment of Last Chance Grade as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
27. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for HR 800 that would provide significant support for the deployment of broadband services to rural counties as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 21, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us