BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Brown v. Del Norte County et. al. 13-cv-01451-SC; Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: Chief Probation Officer
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:40 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Equalization, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and receive a presentation on economic impacts of film shoots in Del Norte County (Cassandra Hesseltine, Humboldt-Del Norte Film Commission)
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the FY 17/18 Petroleum Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, Division of Standards as requested by the Department of Agriculture Weights and Measures Inspector.**
8. 1) Approve and authorize a notice and invitation to bid for asbestos removal and disposal at 206 Williams Drive, Crescent City, California and 2) authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an annual Agreement between the County of Del Norte and the chosen Contractor as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement between the Sheriff's Office and George's Auto and Diesel Electric to provide vehicle services for the Sheriff's Department vehicles as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement between the Sheriff's Office and California Auto Image to provide cosmetic repairs and other services of Sheriff's Department vehicles as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Oxford House Sequoia to provide clean and sober residential services from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. not to exceed $40,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement 17-5001 with the California Department of Social Services for Agency Adoption Services from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2019 not to exceed $170,915.00 each fiscal year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #07-01 in the amount of $5,300.00 within the CDD Administration and Planning Budget Units to cover the exceeded budgeted Payroll amount as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #07-03 in the amount of $4,220.00 within the Building Inspection Budget to cover California Building Standard Commission and Strong Motion Fees as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #07-04 in the amount of $5,600.00 within the Building Inspection Budget to reconcile the Intrafund Community Development Department Allocation within Building Inspection and Environmental Health Division as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #07-05 in the amount of $12,798.00 within the Technology Fund to cover costs associated with increases in software licensing and replacement hardware that was needed throughout the year as requested by the Director of Information Technology.**
19. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Del Norte County Mid-Management Association effective September 1, 2016, to coincide with the expiration of the previous Agreement approved by Resolution as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
21. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 7, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us