BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454 Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: Director of Information Technology
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
5. 10:45 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Equalization, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and 1) Conduct a Public Hearing to approve and authorize a submission of the 2017 Community Development Grant Application; and 2) approve and adopt a Resolution entitled a Resolution approving an application for funding and execution of a Grant Agreement and any Amendments; thereto from the 2017 funding year of the State Community Development Block Grant Program as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. 10:55 A.M. Approve Modified Road Improvement Standards with conditions and findings as shown on the "Findings and Conditions Attachment" located on Maranda Lane in Smith River, CA (APN 101-100-061) as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
9. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the Sheriff to sign the first Amendment to the Agreement (DNCOAGREE#2017-015) for the Sheriff's Office Employees to use the California Department of Corrections (CDCR) Shooting Range at Pelican Bay State Prison as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Karen Olson, Dennis Daniel, Keith Morris and Joseph Futrell, Attorneys at Law, for Public Defender Services as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. 1) Approve the re-appointment of Bessie Shorty of the Yurok Tribe Planning and Community Development as a Board of Supervisors appointed Discretionary member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development with a term of 2 years and 2) approve and appoint Amira Long of the Family Resource Center of the Redwoods as a Board of Supervisors appointed Community member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development as requested by the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development Coordinator.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with BHC Sierra Vista Hospital (Agreement #2017-080) in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $45,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with the Del Norte Child Care Council for parent education services from July 01, 2017 to June 30, 2019 not to exceed $195,332.00 ($102,666.00 for FY 17/18 and $92,666.00 for FY 18/19) as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Sydney M. Clinton, Northcoast Screening for Alcohol and Other Drug Testing services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $41,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached Resolution directing staff to submit an application to the Department of Water Resources (DWR) requesting grant funding for the development of Groundwater Sustainability Plan for the Smith River Plain Groundwater Basin as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Eliminate, reclassify and establish positions with various branches of Health and Human Services as outlined in exhibit "A" and direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as appropriate as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #10-01 in the amount of $5,000.00 within the Domestic Violence budget to pay the quarterly Domestic Violence fees associated with Del Norte County Agreement #97-167 as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
18. Approve and authorize the Tolowa Dee-Ni' Nation to apply for a Coastal Grading Permit to construct a parking lot and vista related features on a County property as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter to the U.S. Department of Transportation supporting the Alternate Essential Air Service (AEAS) proposal of Contour Airlines and the AEAS Grant Application from the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (BCRAA) as requested by Chair Howard.**
20. Discuss and direct staff to draft a letter opposing the expansion of the California Department of Fish and Wildlife's Lands Pass Program that implements fees for people visiting the Lake Earl Wildlife Area as requested by Chair Howard.**
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. Direct staff to prepare a letter to the Trump Administration and William Kirkland (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Director of Governmental Affairs) regarding Rural Infrastructure funding set aside for Last Chance Grade.
23. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 20, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us