BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO- none
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:15 A.M. 1) Open the Public Hearing and introduce Ordinances by title only and 2) at the conclusion of the public hearing close the public hearing and direct staff to return with the Ordinances to the Board for adoption (R1801) and transmittal to Coastal Commission for certification (R1802C and R1803C) at the regularly scheduled meeting on January 09, 2018 as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve the Classification Description for the Victim Witness Advocate I/II position for the Victim Witness Program and establish one (1) Victim Witness Advocate I/II position as requested by the Interim District Attorney.**
9. Approve the classification description for the Clerk-Recorder Technician and establish the Clerk-Recorder Technician position and eliminate the Senior Legal Clerk position within the County Clerk-Recorder/Elections Office (Budget 141/255) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve the job description for the Treasury-Tax Technician Position for the Tax Collector/Treasurer's Office and establish the Treasury-Tax Technician I/II position and eliminate one Senior Account Clerk position within the Tax Collector/Treasurer's Office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve the re-appointment of Blake Alexandre, Matt Westbrook and Richard Wetherell as members of the Board of Directors for the Del Norte Resource Conservation District as requested by the Del Norte Resource Conservation District.**
13. Approve and authorize an acceptance of a donation from the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market for nonperishable goods for the Veteran's Pantry at the Veteran's Memorial Building located at 810 H Street, Crescent City, CA as requested by the Veteran Service Representative II.**
14. Approve and adopt a revised Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of Del Norte County authorizing an application and receipt of the No Place Like Home Program Technical Assistance Grant Funds and authorize the County Administrative Officer (Jay Sarina) to sign documents relating to the No Place Like Home Grant Program as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into a 5 year purchase and services Agreement with Axon Enterprise, Inc. to allow for the purchase and updates of Controlled Energy Devices commonly referred to as Tasers as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Construction Management Agreement (DNCOAGREE#2017-051) for the Big Flat Hurdygurdy Creek Bridge Replacement Project upon approval of the LAPM Exhibit 10-C by Caltrans as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Fourth Amendment to the Design Services Agreement (DNCOAGREE#2012-044) for the Big Flat Road at Hurdygurdy Creek Bridge Replacement Project upon approval of the LAPM Exhibit 10-C by Caltrans.**
18. 1) Approve the modifications to the plans and specifications necessary to complete the additional work needed for the Big Flat Road at Hurdygurdy Creek Bridge Replacement Project (PCC §20135); 2) approve the additional project costs not to exceed $362,795.40 and authorize payment in accordance with the contract (PCC §20136, §20137 (4/5 vote to pass); and 3) authorize the County Engineer to execute the attached Change Order as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Penny Saver Inn for damage reimbursements and temporary shelter effective January 01, 2017, not to exceed $150,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
21. Approve the Senior Certified Public Health Nurse position for the Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Branch starts at a Step C. effective date of hire as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
22. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a new Agreement with Restpadd, Inc., Red Bluff, CA. to provide non-hospital acute psychiatric health care services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $210,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
23. Approve the Agreement with the State of California requiring the County to continue to adhere to community mental health program requirements and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the contract and any associated or required documents as they relate to this contract as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
24. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with Humboldt County Children and Family Services for assistance on Federal Case Reviews where certain cases may represent a potential conflict of interest with county staff for the period of July 01, 2017 through December 31, 2021 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
25. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement number 17-94125 with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
26. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Debra Foster, LCSW for clinical license supervision services for the period from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $12,480.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
27. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Coast Auto Center, Inc. for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
28. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #12-01 in the amount of $4,620.00 within the Building Inspection Unit budget to cover plan review fees as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
29. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to the California Department of Transportation proposing the re-naming of Congressman Don Clausen Highway as the "Congressman Don Clausen Memorial Highway" as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
31. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to Assemblyman Wood expressing the County's concerns with Sutter Health and Sutter Coast Hospital as requested by Supervisor Cowan.**
32. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to the U.S. Department of Commerce Economic Development Administration for the support of the Del Norte Economic Development Corporation so they can continue their economic development efforts within their service area(s) by offering small business loans to potential owners who traditionally are unable to find funding for their project as requested by the Executive Director of the Economic Development Corporation.**
35. Approve and appoint Supervisor Hemmingsen as the Delegate and the Director of the Solid Waste Management Authority Tedd Ward as the Alternate to the Environmental Services Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors for the 2018 year.**
37. Approve and enact the Interim Ban on Commercial Cannabis Activity as an Urgency Ordinance by four-fifths vote while the County considers comprehensive local Cannabis regulation as requested by County Counsel.**
38. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
39. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: December 8, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us