BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: Director of Health and Human Services.
4. Approve and adopt a Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of Del Norte County Authorizing an Application for and Receipt of No Place Like Home Program Technical Assistance Grant Funds, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and authorize the Substance Abuse Specialist I/II Job Description for the Department of Health and Human Services, Alcohol and Other Drugs branch, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Remi Vista, Inc. for Medi-Cal eligible children, youth and their families' mental health services from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $1,900,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Direct Human Resources to notify all employees of the "Bar-O Boys Ranch" program of pending reduction in force/layoffs. and further direct staff to provide each employee (see Exhibit A) with notice as required per Article X of the Miscellaneous Employee MOU and Resolution 2010-032 and 2017-033 applying to the Deputy Director; the effective date of layoffs shall be September 15, 2017; and Direct Administration staff to meet with effected employees and DNCEA SEIIU/1021 to meet and confer over the effects to the remaining employees as a result of the reduction in force; and Direct staff to work with the effected employees and Deputy Director to discuss Re-Employment rights, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the temporary closure of North and South Indian Road from the Howonquet Hall Community Center to the Howonquet Cemetery, from 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, on Saturday, September 9, 2017 for a Dee-ni' Day event celebrating California Native American Day; and authorize staff to issue Encroachment Permits for the road closures associated with Dee-ni' Day events through year 2020 without returning to the Board of Supervisors, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
12. Approve and adopt the Consultant Selection Chapter of the Caltrans Local Assistance Procedures Manual for procurement of County projects administered by Caltrans; and Appoint the Assistant Engineer as the Contract Administrator with the alternate being a full-time supervising position, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
15. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. 10:30 A.M. Approve a Road Improvement Deferment for 1135 Harrold Street, Crescent City, California (APN 117-101-003) and authorize the Chair to execute a Deferred Improvement Agreement on behalf of the Board, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
19. 10:40 A.M. Adopt Findings and Approve a Modified Road Improvement Standard with condition(s) for 364 North Pebble Beach Drive (APN 120-310-003) as recommended by the Planning Commission, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
21. Review and Discuss the Findings and Recommendations within the 2016-2017 Final Grand Jury Report applicable to Del Norte County, and give direction to staff on the draft response provided; and Approve the response, with any Board approved amendments, and direct the final document to be forwarded to the presiding Judge of the Superior Court, as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
23. Approve and recommend the draft List of Local Streets and Roads Projects for the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017 be included as a component of the Final Adopted 2017-2018 Del Norte County Budget, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
26. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 15, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us