BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) - none; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Employees’ Association, and unrepresented bargaining units; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation; Public Employee Evaluation: Title: County Administrative Officer; Building Maintenance Superintendent
1. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Move: Gerry Hemmingsen
Second: Roger Gitlin
Vote Nay: 0
Vote Abstain: 0
4. Approve and appoint Shannon Burgess to the Klamath Community Service District Board of Directors to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of former board member Ed Larsen as requested by the Registrar of Voters.**
5. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an Agreement with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways for the 2018/19 fiscal year as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
6. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an the annual Agreement with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to defray costs related to the eradication and suppression of illicit marijuana as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Axon, Enterprise to outfit all of its sworn officers with body cameras to improve officer safety, provide information and training and aiding in transparency and accountability of all sworn officer as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Alcohol Drug Care Services, Inc. dba Waterfront Recovery Service for residential treatment and detoxification services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $40,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Children's Medical Services Plan with the Department of Health Care Services for Del Norte County which includes the Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Certification, California Children's Services (CCS) Certification, and Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC) Certification effective July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018 not to exceed $276,045.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Stage One Childcare Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $572,810.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Agreement with Siskiyou Training and Employment Program, Inc. (STEP) for office space at the Del Norte Workforce Center from January 01, 2018 through December 31, 2019, not to exceed $5,174.40 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair and the Sheriff to sign the First Amendment to the Reserve Deputy Program Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) (#2017-132) between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and the Tolowa Dee-Ni' Nation as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
15. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
16. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the Fair Volunteer dinner, attended the Point of Honor ceremony, attended the Building Health Communities Dinner, listened to a presentation by the Valley Electric Association, participated in numerous phone discussions regarding the local Charter Cable issue and attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS regarding AB1971.
Supervisor Howard: Attended a meeting with a constituent regarding flooding in Hiouchi, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended the 4-H Soup dinner, attended the Fish and Wildlife 2x2, participated in a series of different discussions with staff regarding Cannabis and how to move forward, attended a meeting with a representative from New Zealand for Building Healthy Communities regarding programs and funding for infrastructure in Del Norte County, attended a meeting with Birdbox Productions, attended the Building Healthy Communities presentation, participated in several discussions with Greg Burns from Van Scoyoc regarding infrastructure in Del Norte County, participated in Agenda review for the County and the DNSWMA and attended the local NRA dinner.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the Fair Volunteer dinner, attended a meeting with the Superintendent and Vice-Superintendent of schools and the Roads Superintendent regarding issues at Redwood School during pick up and drop off of kids to and from school, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended the Fish and Wildlife 2x2, attended the Future Facilities meeting, attended the Building Healthy Communities presentation, attended a strategy with staff regarding an upcoming USDA conference call, attended site visits with the Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding fish access sites and dealt with numerous constituent issues regarding local Charter Cable issues.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California
Date Posted: February 9, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION
SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: