BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1); Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; William Paul v. Redwood National and State Parks Department et. al CV17-7197; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation; Public Employee Evaluation: Community Development Department Director.
1. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
7. 1) Approve the placement of the Interim District Attorney Salary at range E-1, Step B of the Elected Department Head salary schedule with the corresponding Elected Department differential for 12 years of County service and 2) direct staff to proceed with correcting the Assistant District Attorney salary and return to the Board with a revised salary range consistent with the current Department Head/Assistant Department Head structure as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the District Attorney's office to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and or community members for outstanding service to the county, during the LEADN Awards Ceremony as requested by the Interim District Attorney.**
11. 1) Approve and adopt a Resolution adopting a list of projects funded by Senate Bill 1 "The Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017" and 2) direct staff to submit the adopted Resolution to the California Transportation Commission by May 01, 2018 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Authorization to apply for a grant from the California Endowment to allow for the Recreation Department to administer a Summer Camp Day program(s) for the Youth of Del Norte County as requested by the Recreation Coordinator.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the California Local Oral Health Plan with the California Department of Public Health from January 01, 2018 through June 30, 2020 not to exceed $740,145.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Department of Health and Human Services to issue a Request of Proposals for preparation of a Community Needs Assessment for the Public Health Branch as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with St. Helena Hospital dba Adventist Health St. Helena located in St. Helena, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2019, for $15,000.00 per year (for 2 years) not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with St. Helena Hospital dba Adventist Health Vallejo located in Vallejo, CA. for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2019, for $15,000.00 per year (for 2 years) not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
21. Approve and authorize Budget Transfer #04-01 in the amount of $8,355.00 within the Sheriff's Budget to cover the unexpected revenue of Special Security needed for the production of a movie located in Del Norte County as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
23. Direct staff to draft a letter of support for AB 2754 which clarifies the ongoing and routine agricultural activities taking place in the California coastal zone are not considered ‘development’ in accordance with the California Coastal Act as requested by Chair Howard.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
25. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Gitlin: Supervisor Gitlin requested to place SB 54 as a discussion item on the April 24, 2018 Board of Supervisors meeting with Supervisor Berkowitz concurring. He attended the Candidates Forum at Lake Earl Grange.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in a conference call with Senator Harris staff, attended a meeting with Josh Clemons from the Board of Realtors, Joel Campbell-Blair and Jesse Davis regarding Cannabis, attended the A1AA meeting and also attended the BCRAA meeting.
Supervisor Howard: Participated in a conference call with Senator Harris’ staff regarding the Legislative Platform, attended a meeting with the California Endowment regarding the recreation Summer Youth Program, attended the Grand Opening of the Food Pantry at the Family Resource Center, attended Memorial Services, attended a meeting with County Counsel to discuss items of interest, attended a meeting with the Resource Conservation District regarding the flooding of Morrison Creek on Fred Haight Drive, attended the local Pirate Festival, participated in Agenda Review and also participated in the Candidates Forum.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in a Whale Entanglement Conference call, attended a meeting regarding smoking issues in multi-housing units, attended a Tobacco Free meeting with the Del Norte Coalition, attended numerous local memorial services, attended a meeting with stakeholders and Congressman Huffman staff regarding the Wilderness Bill, attended the BCRAA meeting, attended the local Pirate Festival and also participated in the Candidates Forum.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Participated in a debriefing session with Supervisor Gitlin regarding his personal trip to China and requested that the Board place an action item on the Agenda appointing Supervisor Berkowitz and Supervisor Gitlin to a 2x2 Committee with the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic with Minister Han Changfu with the meetings being held by e-mail and telephone only. Supervisor Berkowitz invited the Humboldt County Film Commissioner to speak at the Rotary Club, received constituent complaints on road conditions, attended the Women’s Republican meeting and also attended the Candidates Forum.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 6, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us