BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) none; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement #2016-023 (FY 2016-18) with the Del Norte Unified School District to provide Foster Youth Education Services from date of approval through June 30, 2018 not to exceed $154,818.70, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with North Valley Behavioral Health, LLC, Yuba City, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric care services from July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $500,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
4. Approve and authorize Director of Health and Human Services to sign an Agreement with the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) for Consultation Services for a Report of Data collected through the 2017 - 2018 California Student Tobacco Survey (CSTS) for the Health and Human Services Public Health Branch Tobacco Use Prevention Program, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chief Probation Officer on an ongoing basis to act as an authorized signer for the Agreement between the Del Norte County Probation Department and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for use of the Pelican Bay Shooting Range, as requested by Chief Probation Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a revised and restated Joint Powers Agreement with Trindel Insurance Fund to continue providing insurance/reinsurance for workers compensation, liability and property programs, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
7. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
9. Eliminate, reclassify and establish positions with various branches of Health and Human Services, Department of Child Support Services and Probation, as outlined in Attachment A and adjust the salary range for Recreation Coordinator and direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as appropriate, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the finalization and mailing of a letter to John Costa of Western Communications clarifying the previous letter submitted by Supervisor Roger Gitlin, as requested by Chair Chris Howard.**
11. Discuss and provide support for an application to obtain funding necessary from the Economic Development Administration (EDA) for the purpose of updating the 2011-2016 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) document, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the temporary closure of Holiday Mine Road at Milepost 1.38 from August 13, 2018 through August 24, 2018 to replace two culverts, as requested by Community Development Director.**
13. Approve and authorize the temporary closure of Rowdy Creek Road at Milepost 2.29 from August 6, 2018 through August 10, 2018 to replace a culvert, as requested by Community Development Director.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
15. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
(Next meeting is August 14, 2018)
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 20, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us