BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of the Community Development Department.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended a local Fire Chief meeting, attended a meeting with a constituent regarding the Hiouchi Flat Trail, attended a Healthcare District 2x2, with the USFS District Ranger to discuss CDCR PBSP fire inmate work crews and biomass projects, attended a meeting with Hambro regarding biomass projects, attended the local EOC meeting and attended a meeting with Jason Roe regarding a building project in the City.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a few different meetings with County Counsel, participated in a discussion with the DHHS Director regarding Agenda items, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire staff regarding homelessness, participated in Agenda review, attended the Visitor’s Bureau meeting, attended the No Place Like Home meeting, participated in Solid Waste Agenda review, attended the BCRAA meeting, attended the Healthcare District 2x2, attended the Women’s Republican monthly meeting and also attended a meeting with a constituent regarding the Hiouchi Flat Trail.
Supervisor Howard: Attended a meeting with constituents regarding their concerns on the Nautical Heights subdivision, attended the DNSWMA meeting, participated in numerous conversations with the Healthcare District regarding AB 204, attended a meeting with Hambro regarding business opportunities, attended a meeting with CDD staff and residents regarding the Hiouchi Flat Trail funding, attended the local Jaycee’s Tournament, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire staff regarding opportunity zones in the County and Mental Health issues and audits, participated in some discussions with Assemblyman Wood staff regarding AB 204, attended numerous meetings with USDA and Rural Development regarding different County issues, attended a meeting with Keven Schaffer regarding the Klamath Spring Chinook Salmon, attended a CA. State Water board meeting regarding Levy fee increases and attended the special Tri-Agency meeting.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the North Deal meeting, attended the Future Facilities Goal Committee meeting, attended the No Place Like Home meeting, attended a meeting with constituents regarding blight issues in Fort Dick, attended a meeting with the CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife regarding Spring Chinook Salmon, participated in numerous Whale Entanglement Group conference calls, attended the CASA Crystal Ball fundraiser and also attended the special Tri-Agency meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Future Facilities Goal Committee meeting, attended a meeting with Wes White from Hambro to discuss more efficient power to PBSP and attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting. Supervisor Berkowitz also requested to place the Hiouchi Flat Trail Letter of support that was approved at the February 26, 2019 Board of Supervisors meeting on the March 26, 2019 Agenda to be revisited and voted on by the Board since issues have come up after the approval.
4. Approve and authorize staff to submit a grant application for Proposition 1 (Water Quality, Supply, and Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2014) funds as requested by the Assistant County Engineer.**
6. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to act as the Authorized Agent and sign a Memorandum of Agreement with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) Program Management Office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Del Norte Registrar of Births to enter into an Agreement with the California Department of Public Health to implement Electronic Birth Registration in Del Norte County as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Births.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement the Sheriff is entering into with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways for the fiscal year 2019-20 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for the Governor's January Budget proposal to revise the County In-Home Support Services (IHSS) Maintenance of Effort (MOE) as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. 10:35 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization and approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Stipulation Agreement with Crescent 787 L Street, LLC (APN 118-250-27 ) as requested by the Assessor.**
13. 10:45 A.M. 1) Adjourn as the Board of Equalization, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and receive a Joint Jurisdictional Court presentation and 2) approve and adopt a Resolution supporting the office of County Counsel and the Department of Health and Human Services' participation in the Family Wellness Court- a joint jurisdiction court of the Yurok Tribal Court and the Del Norte Superior Court.** (Heather Snow, Director of Health and Human Services)
14. Approve, authorize and provide support for the release of a Request for Proposal for the Updating of the Del Norte County Comprehensive Economic Development Goals and Strategy (CEDS) as a partnership between the City of Crescent City, Del Norte County and the Crescent City Harbor District as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Introduce an Ordinance of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors amending Ordinance 2015-006 and establishing the 2019 Master Fee Ordinance for the County of Del Norte in accordance with Government Code Section 54985, ET. SEQ. by title only, waive the full reading, and set a Public Hearing for March 26, 2019 on the updated Master Fee Ordinance as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
16. Approve and authorize staff to draft a letter of support for Ryan Sundberg to be appointed to the California Coastal Commission as a Public Member and authorize the Chair to sign it as requested by Supervisor Howard.
17. Approve and authorize the Community Development Department staff to draft a letter to the Klamath River Renewal Corporation requesting mitigation funds be set aside to mitigate for impacts to the Crescent City Harbor related to increased sedimentation and impacts related to temporary loss of commercial fishing on the lower Klamath River and authorize the Chair to sign it as requested by Supervisor Howard.
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-01 in the amount of $1,524.00 within the Administrative Department Budget for the HR/Risk Management Division in the amount of $1,524.00 to allow for the purchase of a needed laptop computer as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-02 in the amount of $191,300.00 within the Stimson Mitigation fund to purchase a new vehicle for the Assessor's office and four new vehicles for the Sheriff's office as requested by the Auditor-Controller.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-03 in the amount of $25,268.00 within the Victim Witness budget to increase Victim Witness grant revenue and corresponding expenditures to match what has been rewarded as requested by the District Attorney.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-04 in the amount of $27,003.00 within the Technology Fund to purchase a security router and GIS Software as part of an Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) as requested by the Director of Information Technology.**
22. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-05 in the amount of $25,425.00 in the OES Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) budget to reimburse projects as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
23. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-06 in the amount of $31,000.00 within the OES Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) budget to upgrade the technical equipment in the Sheriff's Office dispatch area as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
24. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-07 in the amount of $15,000.00 within the County Service Area No. 1 Budget Unit to purchase a generator for the Olive Street Sanitary Sewer Lift Station as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 8, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us