BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Alice Brown v. Del Norte County, No. 18-16689; Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation et. al CAE/1:18-cv-02732; Baldwin et. al. v. Sackler et. al 1:19-cv-02421; Cumbra v. County of Del Norte, et. al. CVUJ-19-1077; Estate of John May SPR 090757; 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Public Employee Evaluation: County Counsel, Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated in a blight clean-up next door to Wal Mart, attended the 21st Annual Muscular Dystrophy Car Show, attended a meeting with the representatives from Hope Village in Medford, OR, attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, dealt with constituent concerns on safe and sober houses in the community and also dealt with illegal camping out at Pacific Shores.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a meeting with Tamara Leighton and Daphne Cortez regarding homeless, attended several meeting regarding the upcoming Sister City visit, participated in Agenda review, attended a meeting with David Cooper and Daphne Cortez regarding Daily Bread and their work for the homeless, attended the BCRAA meeting, attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, participated in Agenda review for DNSWMA, and also dealt with constituent concerns on homelessness and letters of support for Pebble Beach Drive.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended several meetings regarding the upcoming Sister City visit, attended a meeting with Tom Wheeler from the Environmental Protection Center regarding Highway 197/199 and water supply at Saxton Boat Ramp, participated in a showing the Sonoma Supervisor James Gore around Del Norte County, participated in several meetings and conference calls with LTCO regarding the upcoming CTC meeting being held in Del Norte, attended the CSAC meeting, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire staff regarding the Klamath River, participated in calls with the Yurok Tribe and Yurok Counsel regarding Blue Creek, attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting, dealt with constituent concerns regarding illegal cannabis grows in Gasquet and participated in a meeting with County Counsel regarding the Wonderbus.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in numerous Whale Entanglement Conference calls, participating in advocating for AB 5 with Senator McGuire staff, attended the Northcoast Cable Fisherman’s Cable Committee meeting, attended a meeting with the Sheriff regarding concerns, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, attended the special Tri-Agency meeting, attended the Future Facilities meeting, attended the LTCO meeting and also attended the Board of Supervisors special meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended a meeting with the Resighini Ranch and the Sheriff regarding fishing regulations, attended the Future Facilities meeting, participated in a Radio Interview on suicide prevention, dealt with constituent concerns regarding Wonderstump road and attended a meeting with CAO Sarina regarding the September 10, 2019 Agenda.
2. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to accept the donation of a 2008 Chevy Express Ambulance vehicle to benefit Search and Rescue (SAR) when responding to emergencies and rescue missions as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Oxford House Sequoia to provide clean and sober residential services from July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $18,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with HASP Clean and Sober Living to provide clean and sober residential services from July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $104,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Kings View Corporation to provide Telepsychiatric Services for the period of July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $345,980.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Alcohol Drug Care Services, Inc. dba Waterfront Recovery Service for residential treatment and detoxification services for July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $40,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Del Norte Unified School District to continue to provide Foster Youth Education Services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $171,658.88 during this term as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize a Notice of Invitation to Bid for the Gymnasium Floor Refinishing Project located at 1005 H Street, Crescent City, California; and authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and the Chosen Contractor as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the California Conservation Corps Agreement Addendum for fuels reduction work related to the County's National Fish and Wildlife Foundation's Pacific Southwest Fuel Management Partnership Grant as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
10. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
11. 10:35 A.M.1) Open the public hearing to consider the Recommended Budget as amended and all submitted Special District budgets for the 2019/2020 Fiscal Year, and continue the hearing for 14 days; 2) approve the annual Children's Budget as presented; 3) consider and approve the use of the "Stimson" Fund for the internal leasing of one vehicle for the District Attorney, pending review and recommendation by the Proactive Financial Goal Committee; and 4) approve the position changes as outlined in Attachment 'A' as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. 1) Introduce by title only An Ordinance Repealing Chapter 12 Title 5 of the Del Norte County Code Relating the Regulation of Ambulance Services; 2) waive further reading; 3) set a hearing date for September 24, 2019 to adopt the Ordinance; and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by Administration and County Counsel.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 6, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us