BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re Application of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082-062, 14803-000; One workers compensation case claim # TIBU-600155; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – two; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Conference with Real Property Negotiator pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.8 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, and State of California regarding price and terms of payment regarding vacant California Highway Patrol building, Crescent City, CA 95531, APN 117-030-016.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the Juvenile Justice meeting, attended the Visitor’s Bureau meeting, participated in the Board of Realtors Candidates Forum, attended the DNSWMA meeting and also attended the LVN to RN Ceremony at College of the Redwoods.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the CSAC meeting, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a meeting with the CAO and Staff regarding CDBG Grant opportunities, attended the Building Healthy Communities meeting, attended the Rowdy Creek Fish Hatchery Derby, attended a meeting with Supervisor Hemmingsen, Caltrans, Friends of Del Norte, EPIC and Senator McGuire staff regarding Hwy 197/199 Litigation, attended a meeting with Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation staff regarding the support letter on today’s agenda, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire’s Chief of Staff regarding several issues and funding for our local jail, attended the Board of Realtors Candidates Forum, attended a meeting with Commander Larry Depee regarding accidents on Timber Boulevard and Hwy 101 and also attended a meeting with Yuba City Supervisors regarding a Camping Ordinance relating to the 9th District Ruling.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in Agenda review, attended a meeting with Monte Mendenhall regarding his upcoming replacement at Pacific Power, attended the RCRC Executive meeting, attended the Natural Resource Goal Committee meeting, attended the LVN to RN Ceremony at College of the Redwoods and also attended a meeting with Supervisor Howard, Caltrans, Friends of Del Norte, EPIC and Senator McGuire staff regarding Hwy 197/199 Litigation.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the LVN to RN Ceremony at College of the Redwoods and also participated in the Board of Realtors Candidates Forum.
Move: Chris Howard
Second: Lori Cowan
Vote Nay: 0
Vote Abstain: 0
2. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County District Attorney's office to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and/or community members for outstanding service to the county during the LEADN Awards as requested by the District Attorney.**
3. 1) Approve and authorize a Request for Qualifications to perform County Hearing Officer services; and 2) authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and chosen contractor as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to Agreement #2019-005 with University of California, Davis for technical assistance in preparation and facilitation of a County Self Improvement Plan as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the non-financial Operational Agreement with Harrington House for coordinated services upon signature to 12/31/2022 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Children's Medical Services Plan with the Department of Healthcare Services for Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services which includes the Child Health and Disability Prevention Certification, California Children's Services Certification, and Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care Certification effective July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020 state funding not to exceed $285,739.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Professional Services between the County of Del Norte and the Smith River Alliance (SRA) for project oversight and coordination relating to the Improvement Watershed Infrastructure in Six Rivers National Forest project as requested by the Community Development Department Planner.**
10. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to execute a Purchase and Sale Agreement with a Grant Deed transferring County property along Sunset Circle to the City of Crescent City as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
13. 1) Receive and file the mid-year budget update as submitted by the County Administrative Officer and the Auditor-Controller; and 2) direct that departments maintain revenue and expenditures as estimated in the mid-year report and continue working on solutions to reduce net county costs as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for the Grant proposal, Building Tribal Capacity for Smith River Hydroacoustic Salmonid Adult Enumeration, submitted by the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife administered National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Pacific Coastal Salmon Recovery Fund as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
Move: Chris Howard
Second: Lori Cowan
Vote Nay: 0
Vote Abstain: 0
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 21, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us