BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re Application of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082-062, Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Public Employee Evaluation pursuant to Government Code 54957: Director of the Community Development Department.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the LTCO meeting, participated in the Take a Bite out of Blight Clean-up on W. Temple Street and urged the Board to learn more about how to bring Hospice Care to Del Norte County.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in the Primary Elections, attended the local Recreational Basketball Games, participated in several constituent calls, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire regarding different issues and also attended a meeting with Daphne from Del Norte Mission Possible regarding their Service Plan and funding.
Supervisor Howard: Attended several meetings with the Chamber of Commerce regarding their upcoming Economic Summit, attended a meeting regarding safety on the Elk Valley Road corridor, attended Commander Henderson’s Retirement Party and also attended the LTCO meeting.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the North Deal meeting with Caltrans, attended the NORTEC meeting, attended the LTCO meeting, participated in Agenda review, attended the Future Facilities meeting, attended a meeting with staff regarding Pacific Shores and keeping it clean and also participated in a Whale Entanglement/Dungeness Crab conference call.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Participated in a KFUG Radio Interview, presented at the Republican Women’s Forum, attended the Future Facilities meeting, attended the Local Rotary Club meeting and also attended an Election Night celebration.
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to the Agreement with Restpadd, Inc., Redding, CA to provide non-hospital acute psychiatric health care services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020 which increases the budget for FY 2019-20 only from $300,000.00 to $600,000.00 as this facility has been utilized more than anticipated, and more than the previous year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. 1) Approve the Request for Proposal (RFP) for Professional Services for the Del Norte County Office of Emergency Services for the Preparation of the Del Norte County Emergency Operations Plan (EOP); and 2) approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement upon choosing the Consultant as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
12. Approve and adopt a Resolution adding Del Norte County to Penal Code Section 830.1(c) allowing the Correctional Officers to be available for deployment in a local state of emergency as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
13. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. 1) Introduce by title only: An Ordinance Adopting the State Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance; 2) waive further reading; 3) set a hearing to adopt the Ordinance; and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
15. 1) Adopt the attached Resolution regarding the intention to donate said County Owned Property (Hunter Creek Park); 2) find based on the reasons stated in this report and the attached letter from the Tribe (Exhibit "B") that the parcel described herein is surplus, and is not necessary for County or other public purposes; 3) authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign with notary, the Grant Deed as submitted as Exhibit "A", conveying fee title portion to the Yurok Tribe's nonprofit Kee Cha E Nar; and 4) approve the Memorandum of Agreement which allows for the perpetual use of park for public recreational purposes as requested by the County Administrative Officer and County Counsel.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-12 in the amount of $52,600.00 within the Administration Budget to accept the additional support that was identified in our outreach strategies in the Implementation Plan that was recently approved by the California Complete Count - Census 2020 Office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-13 in the amount of $32,500.00 within the District Attorney budget due to the projected revenue being greater than anticipated and the expenditures are warranted to provide training for staff, office supplies and vehicle fuel as requested by the District Attorney.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-03 in the amount of $160,000.00 within the CDD/Planning Budget for the inclusion of funding related to the SB 2 Planning Grant received by the County to update housing related planning documents as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-04 in the amount of $17,113.00 within the Contingency and Administration Budget to cover costs associated with the City/County Polling Agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for the Smith River Alliance's Fisheries Restoration Grant Program (FRGP) application that would fund a planning and design project aimed at upgrading three County culverts along Elk Valley Road as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
23. Approve the inclusion of a generator as a fixed asset purchase in the amount of $91,000.00 within the County Service Area No. 1 budget for fiscal year 2019/20 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 6, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us