BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In reapplication of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082 062; Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19; Conference with Real Property Negotiation pursuant to Government Code 54956.8 Property: Airport (APN 101-010-017 000) Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina Negotiating parties: County (Jay Sarina) and BCRAA (Randy Hooper) Under Negotiation: terms of lease extension including price and payment.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the Northcoast EMS Meeting, attended the LTCO meeting and attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting.
Supervisor Cowan: Dealt with numerous constituent concerns with COVID-19, attended a meeting with the No Place Like Home committee regarding next steps with the homeless, attended the Senator McGuire Town Hall meeting, attended the City/Count 2x2, attended the COVID Public Forum, attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, attended the Republican Women’s meeting, attended the BCRAA meeting, participated in a conference call with Senator McGuire regarding numerous issues and also participated in numerous homeless meetings and discussions.
Supervisor Howard: Dealt with numerous constituent concerns with COVID-19, attended a meeting regarding the Gasquet Airport, attended the LTCO meeting, participated in a conference call with Senator McGuire regarding opening of State Parks and other issues, attended the First 5 Commission meeting and also dealt with constituent concerns involving intersections by the Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in a training for G Sweep Accounts, attended the No Place Like Home committee meeting, attended a Smith River Collaborative meeting, participated in a conference call with Assemblyman Wood’s office regarding COVID-19 issues, attended Senator McGuire’s Town Hall meeting, attended a RCRC Special Executive Committee meeting, participated in the COVID-19 Public Forum, attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, participated in Agenda review, attended the LTCO meeting, attended the BCRAA meeting, participated in a conference call with Senator McGuire regarding COVID19 issues, attended the Natural Resource Goal Committee meeting, participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call and also dealt with numerous constituent concerns with COVID-19.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Dealt with numerous constituent concerns with COVID-19, attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting and also dealt with constituent concerns with the Hunter Creek Park transfer.
6. Approve and authorize the Treasurer-Tax Collector to sign a five (5) year Professional Services Agreement between Bid4Assets and the County of Del Norte in order to provide advertising and auction services for the Public Internet Auction of Tax Defaulted Properties as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Insurance and Indemnification Agreement with the City of Crescent City for Police Officers to act outside city limits within the jurisdiction of the County of Del Norte as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. Approve and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign this agreement and all future related agreements with Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency for the Homeless Housing, Assistance and Prevention Program (HHAP) due to anticipating multiple deadlines with quick turnaround needed to obtain funds with this agreement being in the amount of $200,806.11 from execution of this agreement through June 30, 2025 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Public Guardian and Crescent City Skilled Nursing to coordinate services for individuals placed in care in Del Norte County as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to the State Coastal Conservancy supporting the Sunset Circle Multi-Use Trail in Crescent City, CA. as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
15. 1) Approve and accept the COVID-19 Crisis Response reimbursement funding from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) in the amount of $322,543.00; and 2) approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-01 in the amount of $322,543.00 within the Emergency Response Funding Budget Unit as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
16. Review, discuss and take possible action on the proposed budget for Fiscal Year 2020-2021 for the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Director of the Solid Waste Management Authority.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for the Frontier Communications request for funding from the California Advanced Services Fund (CASF) of the California Public Utilities Commission to provide broadband to Smith River and Klamath, CA. as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
(Next meeting is May 26, 2020)
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us