BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re application of Pacificorp/Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082 062; Gilbert v. County of Del Norte et al. CVUJ-2020-1091; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19; Conference with Real Property Negotiation pursuant to Government Code 54956.8 Property: Airport (APN 101-010-017 000) Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina Negotiating parties: County (Jay Sarina) and BCRAA (Randy Hooper) Under Negotiation: terms of lease extension including price and payment. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated in a discussion with City staff regarding the PICK Program and if assistance in needed for clean up within the City limits and did some outreach to other County’s regarding Law Enforcement support.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in a discussion with an Assemblyman Wood representative regarding local issues, attended a meeting with DHHS Director Snow regarding the MOU for homeless showers, attended the DNSWMA meeting, dealt with constituent concerns on Tansy weeds, unqualified contractors in our County, COVID-19 issues and issues with Supervisor Gitlin’s behavior on social media and attended a meeting with Daphne Lambert from Del Norte Mission Possible.
Supervisor Howard: Attended a First 5 Commission meeting, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a County/Yurok 2x2, participated in a discussion with the Sheriff, Supervisor Hemmingsen and staff regarding the Tax Initiative, attended a meeting with Mayor Inscore and Kevin O’Donnell from the Sister City International regarding participated in the remembrance of the 75th Anniversary the bomb dropping in Hiroshima and Nagasaki and dealt with constituent concerns regarding Supervisor Gitlin’s behavior on social media.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the RCRC Executive Committee meeting, attended the NORTEC meeting, participated in Agenda review, participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call, attended a meeting with the Sheriff, Supervisor Howard and staff regarding the Tax Initiative, attended the County/Tolowa 2x2 and also dealt with constituent concerns on COVID19 and Supervisor Gitlin’s behavior on social media.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting and dealt with numerous constituent concerns on COVID-19.
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Annual Subvention Certificate of Compliance and Annual Medi-Cal Cost Avoidance Program Certificate of Compliance with the California Department of Veterans Affairs as requested by the Veterans Service Office.**
4. 1) Approve and adopt a Resolution ordering the consolidation of the Statewide General Election that is to be held on November 03, 2020 with all local City and District Elections in Del Norte County; and 2) authorize and direct the Registrar of Voters to bill the jurisdictions for costs incurred as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding (DNCO Agree #2017-095) between the County of Del Norte and Superior Court of California for janitorial services as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Cooperative Agreement for Subaward Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) funding between the Office of Emergency Services and the Del Norte Unified School District as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement between California Auto Image and the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department to provide insurance cosmetic repairs and other services for vehicles as well as county, criminal and evidence towing services as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the 2020/21 Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department and Dr. James N. Olson for post mortem services as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the 2020/21 Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department and George's Auto and Diesel Electric to provide vehicle services and tune ups in specialty situations as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the 2020/21 Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department and Mojgan Arshi, D.D.S., for dental services for Del Norte County Jail inmates as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. 1) Approve and authorize the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks to sign the attached Agreement with Smart Business Resource Center/Smart) to provide work experience for their clients and assist Del Norte County with projects; and 2) delegate signature authority to the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks to sign all future Agreements with Smart to make the process much more efficient as requested by the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks.**
12. 1) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement #2020-009 extending the term of the Agreement from July 31, 2020 to September 18, 2020; and 2) approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement #2020-032 extending the term of the Agreement from August 31, 2020 to October 18, 2020 for the County Service Area #1 and Crescent City Lift Station Rehabilitation Project as requested by the Assistant County Engineer.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Cooperative Agreement for Subaward Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP) funding between the Office of Emergency Services and the Gasquet Fire Protection District as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
15. 1) Approve the Mental Health Services Act Three Year Plan for FY 2020-23 and authorize the budgets included in the plan; and 2) authorize Heather Snow, Director of the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), to sign the plan on behalf of DHHS as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Aurora Behavioral Healthcare, Santa Rosa, LLC to provide non-hospital psychiatric inpatient services from July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2021, not to exceed $75,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
20. Approve and Adopt the Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors submitting the Del Norte County Transactions and Use Tax Ordinance to be presented to, and approved by the Electorate at the November 3, 2020 General Election as requested by Administration and County Counsel.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter opposing SB 217 unless amended addressed to Assemblyman Wood, Chairman of the Assembly Health Committee as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 24, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us