BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1)— Gilbert v. County of Del Norte et al. CVUJ-2020-1091; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)—one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Conference with Real Property Negotiators (Property: 665 L Street, Crescent City, CA 95531; Agency negotiator: Heather Snow; Negotiating parties: Jenny Depew ; Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the LTCO meeting, attended the RCTA meeting, participated in the PIC Program, attended a meeting with the Auditor-Controller regarding COVID-19 impacts on the finances of the County and spoke about the California Endowment Billboard Controversy.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS, Supervisor Hemmingsen, CAO Sarina and County Counsel regarding the Project Homekey Funding and No Place like Home and dealt with constituent concerns regarding the local Post Office and the local COVID-19 death.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, dealt with constituent concerns in Big Flat regarding increase camping and fire dangers and Dish Network and it’s removing of local channels, attended a meeting with the Small Business Administration and Square Company, attended a meeting with County Counsel and The Historical Society regarding Battery Point Lighthouse and also attended a meeting with the University of Cooperative Extension regarding Elk Hoof Disease.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the RCRC meeting, attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS, Supervisor Cowan, CAO Sarina and County Counsel regarding the Project Homekey Funding and No Place like Home, attended a Dungeness Crab Webinar, participated in Agenda review, attending a Whale Entanglement Working Group meeting and also attended a Future Facilities meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Chamber of Commerce emergency meeting, attended the Future Facilities meeting, attended the RCTA meeting and attended the LAFCO meeting.
4. Approve and authorize the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign the 2020-2021 Egg Quality Enforcement Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, effective July 01, 2020 through June 30, 2021, as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
5. Approve and authorize the acceptance of a $10,000 grant from the COVID-19 Regional Response Fund of the Humboldt Area Foundation and Wild Rivers Community Foundation for continuation of the Tuesday Homeless Shower Program, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the implementation and installation of dog waste bag dispensers at 3 access trail locations (Two at Garth's Beach and one at Point St. George parking area), as requested by Building Maintenance Parks Director.**
8. Approve the appointment of the Department of Health and Human Services' Assistant Director, Ranell Brown, to the Executive Board of the Northern California (NorCal) Continuum of Care (CoC) effective immediately, in support of the Local CoC Advisory Board's appointment, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an agreement with Davis Guest Home, Inc., for Augmented Residential Support Services for the period July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, not to exceed $195,000 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. Approve an Ordinance making non-substantive technical corrections and renumbering of the County Code and removing inoperable chapters; and Designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the ordinance for publication, as requested by County Counsel.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
13. Review and approve an expenditure plan and priorities for the use of Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act funding; approve the use of funds as outlined in the priorities; and delegate Auditor/Controller to process necessary budget modifications for the 2020/2021 Fiscal Year budget upon receipt of funds, as requested by County Administrative Officer and Auditor/Controller.**
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 21, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us