BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1)—none ; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)—none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Real Property Negotiators (Property: 665 L Street, Crescent City, CA 95531; Agency negotiator: Heather Snow; Negotiating parties: Jenny Depew; Under negotiation: Price and terms of payment. Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Public Employee Evaluation: Agricultural Commissioner.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated in the PIC Group cleanup attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, attended a meeting with the Assessor and Treasurer Tax Collector regarding property values and dealt with numerous questions from constituents regarding Measure “R”.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS and County Counsel regarding Project Homekey, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, attended the quarterly Last Chance Grade Stakeholders meeting, attended the BCRAA Special meeting and dealt with numerous questions from constituents regarding Measure “R”.
Supervisor Howard: Dealt with numerous questions from constituents regarding Measure “R”, attended a meeting with CDD Staff and the CAO regarding AB 1383, attended the First 5 Commission meeting, attended the Special Tri-Agency meeting, attended the Special CSAC meeting, attended numerous meetings regarding updates on the Slater Fire, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended the RCD meeting, attended meetings regarding a Performing Arts Center in Del Norte County, attended a meeting with the CA. Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding closures due to fires and Elk and also attended meetings with Supervisors from other Boards regarding the reopening of US Hwy 199.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in Agenda review, attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, attended the RCRC meeting, attended the quarterly Last Chance Grade Stakeholders meeting, attended a Special RCRC Executive meeting, attended the BCRAA Special meeting, attended numerous meetings regarding updates on the Slater Fire and dealt with numerous questions from constituents regarding Measure “R”.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting, attended the Rotary Club meeting and dealt with numerous questions from constituents regarding Measure “R”.
2. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing the individuals whose names and titles appear below to act as authorized officials to execute applications and documents for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution to approve the application for the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation's Per Capita Grant Program for park improvements as requested by the Recreation Program Coordinator.**
4. Approve and adopt a Resolution to approve the resubmission of the Prop 68 Competitive Grant Program, Round 4 to the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation as requested by the Recreation Program Coordinator.**
5. Approve and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Nursery Inspection Agreement between the Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the California Department of Food and Agriculture from July 01, 2020 through June 30, 2021 as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
6. Authorize staff to submit to the California Coastal Commission an amendment application regarding the Pacific Shores Temporary Watchman's Quarters to the Coastal Development, Permit Number 1-17-0631 requesting an additional 5 years with entrance modifications as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with California Department of Public Health for the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program for the period July 01, 2020, to June 30, 2023, funds received in the amount of $213,915.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Humboldt County Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Department, and United Indian Health Services to provide regional COVID-19 testing upon execution of this Agreement, to June 30, 2021 not to exceed $184,859.83 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Truancy Officer Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte Unified School District/County Office of Education as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
11. Approve the donation of services not to exceed $2,000.00 from Beyond Waste Salvage to place picnic tables throughout Clifford Kamph Campground as requested by the Building Maintenance and Parks Director.**
12. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-26 in the amount of $46,478.00 within the 2011 Public Safety Realignment Budget for Community Sub Account (AB 109) to reduce Department Allotment and increase the AB 109 expenditure line as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
19. 1) Conclude the public hearing and adopt the 2020/2021 Fiscal Year Recommended Budget as finally determined and all Special District budgets by resolution as presented over the course of the budget hearing; 2) adopt resolution 2020-040, a Resolution Fixing Tax Rates for the Fiscal Year as required by Government Code; 3) adopt Resolution 2020-041 setting the appropriation limits for the Fiscal Year; 4) approve the annual Children’s Budget as presented; and 6) approve the position changes as outlined in Attachment ‘A’ as requested by the Auditor-Controller and County Administrative Officer.**
(Next meeting is October 13, 2020)
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 18, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us